Private Tree Removal Permit Application


Applicant information



Property information


If you are applying on behalf of the property owner, you must supply a letter of authorization from the property owner at the site visit.

If you have a development application already in progress with the town, you must provide an arborist report.
An arborist report is required for trees that pose a high safety risk. High risk permit applications received without an arborist report will be reviewed as a tree removal application for a non-high risk tree.

If the tree is on a shared property line, you must have a letter of consent from the other property owner at the site visit.

Visit the private tree protection page for more information.


Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and will be used in the administration of the private tree protection by-law. Questions about this collection may be sent to the Director of Parks and Open Space, Town of Oakville. Contact ServiceOakville for more information.