We are very happy to be introducing the first firefighting leadership camp for high school students in Halton Region. Our goal is to provide a fire service introduction and basic working knowledge to young females aged 15 to 18 years who may have not considered the possibility of pursuing a career in the fire service because it is traditionally thought of as a male dominated field. This camp will include information and experiences related to the following fire service fields: Leadership, Training, Communications, Fire Prevention, Fire Investigation, Public Education, Fire Code Enforcement, Public Information and Media Relations.
- You must
be a young woman between the age of 15 and 18 on May 9, 2019, the first day of Camp Molly.
- You must have demonstrated interest and enthusiasm in learning about roles and potential employment opportunities within the fire service.
- You must not have attended another Fire Department Leadership Camp for young women.
- You must be attending high school within Halton Region.
- You must commit to attend all Camp Molly dates listed below:
- Gear fitting - May 2, 2019. Allow yourself a 30 minute period to size your required firefighting gear anytime between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Introductory session - May 9, 2019, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Camp dates - May 10, 2019 through May 12, 2019, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- You must arrange for your own transportation to Oakville Fire Department Training Campus For Emergency Excellence for all dates/times.
- You must supply your own CSA approved safety boots or shoes to be worn during the course. Running shoes are also recommended for some other activities.
- You must wear all personal protective equipment when directed during your participation at Camp Molly.
- You must make us aware of any food allergies and/or dietary requirements.
- You must possess a valid provincial Health Card prior to May 9, 2019 - the first day of Camp Molly.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will be deleted/lost upon closing your browser.
Upon submission of a completed application form, a confirmation email will be sent to both your email address and that of your parent or guardian as identified at the beginning of this process.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of
The Municipal Act for the purpose of gathering information for Camp Molly.
Collected information may be shared among the fire departments for The Corporation of the Town of Oakville, The Corporation of the City of Burlington, The Corporation of the Town of Halton Hills and The Corporation of the Town of Milton. Questions about the collection should be sent
to Oakville Fire Training at 1144 South Service Road West Oakville, ON L6L5T7 or by phone at 905-845-6601.